Valentine's Day



I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day this year...I sure did!!!! <3

Jared isn't usually one to plan ahead for holidays, anniversaries and such, but this year he really surprised me!!!

I had walked in Friday night after taking Alayna to volleyball (yes we decided to gamble and keep her in) and I see this gorgeous bouquet of flowers sitting on the counter! I was SO surprised! I couldn't keep the smile off my face! 


I haven't been feeling well and Jared came in to the room that night asking how I was doing. I said ok, not great but better than I was. He sort of just said ok, and left. 

While we were watching TV I said, we can just go to lunch tomorrow for Valentine's if you want. He gives me this look like I just caught him with his hand in the cookie jar! LOL! I said what's wrong? He said no, I've made plans. 

I was surprised again! He made reservations at The Melting Pot! We haven't been there in years! I was really excited!!! :D 

We haven't been out on a date in a while. Work, kids, sicknesses, ect. It sure was nice to get away just the two of us!

We made a day of it and went to the movies before dinner. 


We went and saw "Hidden Figures". It was excellent! I cried like a baby! LOL! I definitely recommend it!


 We headed to dinner for our 5pm reservation. I like to eat early. :P Jared likes to tease me that I eat with the "Blue Hairs"...but hey...we also beat the crowds! LOL!


 I didn't take these next photos...the internet is awesome for when you forget to take pics when you go some place. :P You can find pictures of anywhere you've ever been to! 


 It gives you an idea of what the food is like. Not everything pictured is exactly like what we got but close enough. :) 





For Valentine's they even take a cheesy picture and frame it up for you! :)

Tuesday, Valentine's Day, Jared stayed home and worked. He also decided to continue the spoiling.....which had me stop and ask him what he did with my husband? LOL!

He decided to smoke some brisket and make a homemade BBQ sauce to go with it. And he surprised me with my absolute favorite..chocolate covered strawberries!


The brisket and BBQ sauce turned out AMAZING! I made some sides to go with it and we had a really nice Valentine's Day dinner with the kids. <3



The strawberries were delicious too!

After dinner Alayna brought me this beautiful card....


She made it herself at school. 


 Boy! I felt so loved this weekend!!!


I know I posted a pic of these already...but they have bloomed now and they look even more gorgeous! 


I had toasted some coconut for some fudge I made and Jared made this out of the left overs...He thought he was pretty awesome! LOL! :P 

I'm so grateful for Jared and his thoughtfulness and that I got to spend Valentine's Day with him and my three wonderful kids! I love them to pieces!!! 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,