Walker's Elegy to Art..LOL!

Walker had an assignment in school. He had to write an Elegy. He chose to write about his disdain for art assignments and that every class one way or another tries to weave it into the project they are working on. Who knew someone could have such adverse feelings to art? LOL!!! He cracks me up! He legitimately hates art assignments. He can appreciate art, just not if he has to create it himself. :P



I Hate Art Assignments

Oh art assignments
how terrible were thou?
Don’t you know that I can’t draw
My lines are never straight even when I use a ruler

Oh Art assignments
how terrible were thou?
You will return
Like an unrelenting zombie you will stalk me
You are a persistent mosquito at the back of my neck

Oh art assignments
how terrible were thou?
I have learned that you are unavoidable
art is part of this society

A part i shall not join

You are awful, terrible, bad, abominable, dreadful, and atrocious

oh art assignments
how terrible were thou?




Apparently his teacher thought it was pretty awesome too! You can see her comments below! LOL!!!


Here are two of the other ones she really liked as well. :)

Poetic Monologue: 


Free Choice:

I don't get to see a lot of Walker's work from school. He's so busy and turns in so many assignments each week it's hard to keep up with all that he works on. It was a rare moment that he thought to mention that he got such great feedback on this and told me about it. :P He doesn't ever brag or boast about himself and his abilities. He really is a gifted and articulate young man. It just tickles me to see his teachers see it as well as his humor too. :)

Labels: , , , , ,