Eli's Priesthood Preview


Yesterday Eli was invited to attend the Priesthood Preview Meeting for boys that will be turning 12 this year. Can you believe he's going to be 12 in just a few short months!?!


The meeting is put on by the Primary Presidency each year. It's a basic introduction for the boys of what to expect this year, what the Priesthood is, and why it's so important. A member of the Bishopric gives a few remarks as well and the Deacon's Quorum Adviser has a chance to meet the boys too.

Being in the Primary Presidency it's sort of neat to be able to be there as a leader for my own children. I had an opportunity to share my thoughts and feelings about the Priesthood and how it has blessed my life over the years.

I shared with the boys that I grew up in a home where my father didn't hold the Priesthood, and it wasn't until I was older and married that I was ever able to receive a Father's Blessing, which came from my Father-in-law. I stressed how knowing what it's like to live in home now that I have access to that authority through my own husband, home teachers, and worthy men in our Ward, is such a amazing gift. I have received blessings that are so sacred to me that I can't even share them with everyone. My husband has also received blessings that he feels the same way about.

I tried to stress the magnitude of this Ordinance they will be receiving this year. That just because they are turning 12 it doesn't mean it's an automatic thing they get to have. The Lord expects them to be worthy of it and work hard to live the commandments and be close to the Spirit to know Heavenly Father's will.

Anytime I speak about the Gospel I get choked up. This time was no different. My emotions get the best of me. But I hope the boys felt my sincerity and recognize what a big step they will be taking this year. Being able to hold God's authority here on Earth is an incredible privilege!!

We are so excited for Eli. He's maturing and growing into a great young man. He is so thoughtful and helpful. He loves to work and see the fruits of his labors. He's quickly becoming my Jr. Chef at home and he is such a big help especially on Sundays when he helps me make dinner for the family. His testimony of the Gospel is also growing and it's so fun to watch him as he makes connections to the things he's read in the scriptures to his everyday life. He has made some great friends in the Ward recently and I'm so happy he has this group of guys. They stick together, lift each other, as well as let each other be who they are and they just get a kick out of each other!!! :D

April is just around the corner...Eli will become a Deacon and be able to pass the sacrament and begin the Young Men's Program. Lots of exciting things ahead!!!

Labels: ,