Birthday Love..

Jared wrote me this beautiful tribute today. He's not much for words so when these moments come I want to document them! :)


"My wife, Vanessa, doesn't like when her birthday falls on the same weekend as Thanksgiving, but I think it's perfect. Those of you who are her friend as well on here have seen over the past month where the good parts of me come from. Her month long Thanksgiving gives a glimpse of the person that she is. She embodies everything that I am thankful for. She makes my home more peaceful, my kids more high-minded, my life more fun, my faults less noticeable. I am a better person because of her example of following His example. She is the perfect partner, and I know that we belong with each other. Like most marriages, we have our disagreements, but I always know that she loves me and that our marriage covenant will weather anything. I know that I can make her a higher priority than myself because she reciprocates. I don't want to imagine where my life would be without her. Happy Birthday Vanessa! I love you more than you know."

I think I found myself a keeper! This past Thanksgiving also marks our 20 year anniversary. He asked me to be his girlfriend all those years ago! :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,