Math Bee

Walker joined the Math Bee Club at school this year. The first week it was open to all 3,4,5 & 6th grade students. During that week they practiced and reviewed all sorts of math concepts. The following week they began competitions that eliminated students. 

Wednesday the day before the last competition they were down to 16 students. Those 16 were invited back today for the final round. We are so excited that Walker made it to the last day!!

They had everyone meet in the library after school and each person had their own privacy cubical and number. They had 2 min. to complete each question, but if they finished early they could hang up their numbers over the front of their desk. Since there were students from 3-6th grade, each grade level was given problems at their grade level, but the problems were similar in concept.

I was so nervous for Walker. I think I was more nervous than he was!!! I was biting my nails to nubs every time they put up their answers. At one point They held up their answer boards and Walker was the only one with his answer and I thought for sure he was eliminated....He was the only one with the correct answer!!! :) He was the last 6th grader standing! :D


 (Waiting for the competition to begin! :) )





Walker made it all the way to the end and placed 2nd!!!! I was BURSTING with pride!!!! :) From right to left were 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place! :) I don't know if I'm cut out for these competitions. I left exhausted but immensely proud! :P



He won an Ipod Nano!!! :D Way to go you Math Stud!!!!!!

Labels: , ,