40 Years and Counting



My parents' 40th Anniversary! In this day and age that's almost unheard of. They are a great example to me of no matter what life throws at you...you never give up. :)

They were married in my Great Uncle Ben and Great Aunt Dorothy's backyard on August 1st, 1970. Don't they look so happy!?! :)

My parents were pretty poor when they got married, but they scraped up enough cash to Honeymoon at The Happiest Place On Earth! Disneyland!!

I also LOVE that they had matching outfits...sooo adorable!


They are pretty Goofy...(get it? Goofy...lol)



This picture is my favorite for so many reasons. I love how they are staring into each other's eyes in young love, and that my Dad is wearing my Mom's garter on his arm, and that they are standing in front of It's a Small World! Perfect! :D

Let's fast forward...

My parents returned for a 2nd Honeymoon on their 30th Anniversary. It's perfect that it's raining and they are all bundled up in their rain slickers undeterred by the weather!

And here they are again...

40 years of good times and in bad, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health...and everything in between.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!!

Labels: , , ,