Just kids!



Sixteen years ago today I started dating my husband, father of my children, and best friend. He was a Senior and I was a Junior at Gilbert High School. We had met on a band trip on the bus....It was sooo romantic. :P

My best friend Jill and I were getting on one of the buses getting ready to go to State. (I believe...this was a long time ago.. :P ) We were in line for one bus but something happened and we ended up getting on a different one instead. Once we found our seats I saw him. :) He was goofing around with his buddies and of course there were several girls around vying for his attention.

His wallet was getting passed around with a picture of him and his girlfriend from one of the school dances. It came across my way and of course I had to take a look. :) I have to admit I was a bit jealous...Darn!! He's taken!!!

His wallet continued to make it's rounds and I went to sit down and he was sitting across the isle from me. His feet were up against the window and his head was laying at the edge of the bench towards the isle. I looked over and said, "I can see up your nose." (It was magic!LOL!) He replied, "Really? Do you see anything up there??" (As he flairs his nostrils.)

From that day I knew I had to catch him! :P (What can I say, I'm an odd girl...hahahaha!) We flirted and he'd show up to my dance practices after school and not too long after he took me on our first date. (Yes he was still dating his girlfriend...Jared was a "Play-a"!!! LOL!!) He took me to Taco Bell and then Freestone Park with a group of friends. While we were there he told me that he had feelings for me. And I of course was beside myself and giddy with excitement. He took me home and gave me a little kiss before I went inside the house.

The next day was Thanksgiving. He called me and we chatted for a couple of hours..cuz that's what teenagers do...LOL. It was time for his family to eat, but before we got off the phone he told me he had broken up with his girlfriend. He then said in an adorably nervous voice, "Since everyone thinks it anyway.....will you be my girlfriend?"

I of course said,"YES!"

....and here we are 16 years later, 3 kids, 1 dog and still just as much in love as we were then.

(Jared's Sr. Prom 1994)


I love you babe! :)

Labels: ,